The MACS (Museum of Contemporary Arts of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation) is a museum of contemporary art located on the UNESCO World Heritage Site; the Grand-Hornu, in Mons.
We had the honor to participate in the development of the MAC's website. The site supports the 3 main missions of the most important contemporary art showcase in Belgium: the creation of a collection, the scheduling of exhibitions and the organization of cultural events.
Facilitate the visit of the museum
The site presents a lot of different contents (exhibitions, events, public pages, editions, rich content pages...) to present the different aspects of the Museum. The main challenge was to facilitate the planning of the visit of the museum and to propose a smooth navigation experience through this mass of content.
The site is intended for different audiences. Users visit the website to plan their future visit, to buy tickets, to look for information after their visit, to consult the catalog of publications to buy lithographs or books. Our goal was to provide easy and simple access to the contents according to the different types of users.
- To support the visit of the exhibitions on site;
- To introduce the different aspects of the Museum in its environment (the Grand Hornu site);
- Make sure not to distort the original works in the display of the images;
A contemporary design to serve the content
During the different workshops organized with the MACS team to prepare the construction of the site, the main focus was to simplify the user experience by working on the organization of the contents.
The design of the site was an important step. The aim was to create a sober, contemporary and neutral user interface to serve the content without distorting the works presented.
Want to know more about our work with the MAC's?
- Catalog of current, upcoming and past exhibitions;
- Automation of publications according to dates;
- Calendar of activities and link with exhibitions;
- Library of editions and contextual filters;
- Multilingual site;