The 'Milles' is a multi-site dedicated to the areas within the postal codes 4000, 5000, 6000 and 7000. Each Mille has its own site that provides targeted cultural content through chronicles and calendars.
These chronicles are written by different personalities from the world of culture : artists, writers, photographers, etc. They all contribute to the different sites day after day.
The particularity of Les Milles is its location. Whether the visitor is in Charleroi, Mons, Namur or Liège and the surrounding area, he can easily find an event thanks to the map embedded in the website for his own area.
Combining the old and the new
The first challenge for Les Mille was to be able to transfer the content from the old site to a new platform, so that it could continue to be managed centrally and distributed to the sites of the various areas.
Secondly, it was necessary to give the editors the possibility to write their own chronicles and to let them choose to publish them on the site of the concerned region.
Finally, the creation of a map displaying the different events in the calendars to allow visitors to visualise in an instant the cultural news near their home.
- Laying the foundations with a Multi-site
- Migrate data from old sites to new ones
- Propose a uniform design-system for all Milles
- To give the possibility to the writers to autonomously write and publish their chronicles
- Allow the diffusion of events in its region
- Create a map showing the events of the day according to the user's location
- Propose an agenda that can be filtered by date
- Give the possibility to filter the columns according to their category